Beauty on the outside is one thing, but beauty beneath the glamour and makeup is very important. Many people want to have beautiful glowing skin under makeup, but they don’t know what to do or they just aren’t doing it! If this is you, it’s time to take action!
Hello Beauty Vibers!
Many of us think about beauty and it’s the things on the outside that we think
about. Makeup only enhances what we already have, but when we take all
the makeup off, it is very important that we love what we see. I will be sharing
with you ways to take care of the inside and the outside in order to be your
most beautiful you!
1. The first tip is quite easy and it is something that we’re already supposed to
be doing, but maybe we just aren’t doing it enough. DRINK WATER!!!! I
cannot stress enough how important it is that we drink water! Water not only
hydrates, but it is a big contributor to having clear, beautiful skin. Not to
mention, over all, water is just good for you.
Personally, I try to drink 1.5 – 2 liters of water daily and I definitely see a
difference in my skin when I do this consistently. If you’re not drinking enough
water, now is definitely the time to start.
2. Exfoliate! Exfoliation is the removal of old skin cells on the skin’s surface.
This is a great way to get of dry skin, leaving you with a beautiful glow. I love to exfoliate my skin especially during colder months when it gets really dry.
Exfoliating gets rid of the dead and rough skin on your face and body leaving nice baby soft skin behind. My favorite products for exfoliating both face and body are the Nature’s Pure Coffee and Coconut Scrub, the Irie Rock Body Scrubs and the new Marsha Julian Cosmetics Body Scrubs!
3. Moisturize! We all know that being dry and ashy is not cute! There are creams, butters, oils and plain old body lotion to moisturize your skin. The key to moisturizing can be as simple as using the Jergens Wet Skin moisturizer while in the shower and get as complicated as combining creams and oils. I absolutely love using oils, my current go-to is the Barnhill Organics Coconut Oil which I use after applying the Jergens Wet Skin.
4. Eating well is definitely a major key to being beautiful from the inside out. We often don’t receive all the necessary vitamins and nutrients from our foods, and this is sometimes seen on the outside.
Our skin may be less radiant and the colour may be a bit pale. So, to ensure that you have a beautiful glow, eat right and incorporate vitamins and supplements into your daily routine. Biotin and Vitamin C are great as they promote healthy hair, skin and nails, and Nature’s Bounty’s Hair, Skin and Nails gummies and Vitamin C are great supplements for achieving glowing skin and healthy hair and nails. (Please consult your physician for recommended doses).
5. Protect that skin! Now this, is a major key! This beautiful Caribbean weather we live in definitely requires us to protect ourselves from the sun’s UV .
Unfortunately, many of us do not think we need to wear sunscreen but it
is very important to incorporate a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least
SPF 15 into our daily routines. What works for me is to use facial moisturizers
with sunscreen, the Neutrogena Oil-Free moisturizer with sunscreen is a
favorite of mine. I mix a little sunscreen into my body creams and lotions to
ensure my body is protected. Don’t forget those lips! Yes, you have to protect
your lips as well, I try to ensure I use lip balms with at least SPF 17, the Sun
Bum lip balm is moisturizing and gives great protection at SPF 30.
These are just a few tips that can make a big difference in the health and look
of your skin.
Talk to you soon!